I ran 12 miles today - my longest distance so far. I was out there just as the sun was coming up, and planned out a route with some hills that I had run before. During the early miles of my run, I was thinking about how 5 or 6 miles is a pretty short distance for me now compared to a few months ago.
Normally when I run this route, I drive there and do a 5 mile loop. Today, to add to the distance, I ran there. I knew that the route would be full of hills, but not until I got home and plugged in my route on mapmyrun.com did I fully grasp the elevation changes during the run. Here's what it looked like:
No wonder my hamstrings are sore. I'll be ready for those San Fran hills!
Thank you to everyone for your compliments on my latest knitting project. I absolutely love it and for sure will be knitting up another one. I started knitting a cowl and should be done with it in a few days and can post pics then.
Have a great rest of the weekend!






51 comments:
WOW that's quite a hilly 12 miler!! Congrats on a great run! You're definitely ready to tackle SF!!
Congrats on the distance! And I am super impressed you took on all those hills. They look killer.
Funny, 5 or 6 miles seems short to me now too. I think that's awesome for both of us. :)
Look at that great run! Yay RK!! And did I miss something?! You're getting ready for San Fran? (Note to self: read more carefully!)
Great job on the run!
Nice work! Being able to handle those hills on a 12 mile run will definitely be good prep for your half.
Great job on your 12!
Wow, good for you! And great idea to run there instead of drive.
Congrats on the farthest distance yet!
Congrats on the 12! You are totally ready for the SF thing. I hope you get to run down to the pier. That's where the SF Marathon ends. It's beaufitul :-)
Good job on the run! Before you know it, 12 will seem like no big deal. Nice hills, BTW.
Awesome run!! Awesome awesome awesome!!!! You are so ready for the Nike Womens half in San fran!!!!
Way to get it done. 12miles in the books! Woot!
Great job on the run!
I did my first 8.58 (almost 9) miler this past Saturday. I can't wait to do 12!
Is that the Valley of the Sun route through Las Sendas...or at least part of it?? oooooh, I shudder at the thought of reliving that course! You are my hero for running there on PURPOSE!!! :) LOL!!!
I remember when you and I first starting talking you were panicked at running over 3 miles :) You have come sooooo far and should be SOOOO proud!!!
Congratulations! I can't believe you ran 12 miles WITH hills. Keep it up!
Wow! I aim for flat for my 12-milers! Well done. :)
Can't wait to hear how the half goes.
CONGRATS!! It's always awesome when you reach a new running milestone ;-)
Holy hills, lady! And in the middle of a 12-miler - I bow down to you. You will definitely be running strong on those San Fran inclines!
Way to hit a new milestone. Looks like it was challenging, great work!
Great Job!
12 miles! Yikes!!! :)
http://zandria.us
Awesome run! Truly awesome run! You are so ready for Nike!!
The course is really quite pretty even the freeway part that everyone says they hate. Plus, the hills are in the most gorgeous parts to keep you distracted.
You will LOVE it!
Go Running Knitter Go!
p.s I have no idea what a cowl is, but I know it will be beautiful!
looks like fun actually. my legs are done with downhill. You can do it.
You are going to be so ready for SF...I can't wait either.
Good for you for getting some hill running in.
Good job on the 12 miler - you're totally ready for Nike! Hopefully I will see you there :)
Great 12 miler! That is a lot of hills. You are you going to do great on your race.
That looks like some wicked hills. Great run! I can't wait to see the cowl, but I think it is way to hot in AZ for you to be able to wear it!
Congrats on the 12 miles :) And sheesh - those hills, girl!
Congrats on your longest run yet. It feels awesome when you accomplish these long runs.
Fantastic accomplishment! :)
awesome job on the run!!! you will be glad you ran those hills come race day :)
Wow, maybe it's better you didn't see those elevation changes before the run-- that's intimidating. Great run!
You really are getting up there with the miles. Good for you!!!
great job on the run!!! Well I love being in the classroom, but I think that I could never be in the public school. I am at a private Montessori school, and love it! I just don't have my certification so I dont get paid as well...I applaued all that work in the public schools, theres just a lot more work..lots of assesments and gradeing..not so fun..
WOOHOO!!! Excellent job!!
Awesome run! I really need to get back into it! While it can sometimes feel terrible, I forget the high it gives when you have a great one!
BTW, there is a scarf I saw in your photos that I just love...I might have to see if you still have the pattern :) I'm looking for a non-boring masculine scarf and I think that one would be great!
How exciting! That is just awesome...next you'll be telling us you don't "warm up till 5 miles". Good JOB!
GREAT job on the run. That is so awesome. GO YOU.
Wow, awesome job! Congrats on your first 12 miler! WOO HOO! You are SO ready for you first half mary. You're going to rock it out!
Nice job! :)
Wow lady! I am impressed. Great job with those hills! And all toward the end of 12 miles. Woooo!
Wow, I'm impressed with the hilly workout.. You will for sure be ready for San Fran! :)
you my hero.
people keep telling me the groove will come and Ill find a running LOVE and rhythm...but not yet.
miz.
Nice run!! Way to go!!!
Congrats on your 12 miles! You are ready for San Fran! Your knitting is great. My knitting is sad because I've been ignoring it. Need to get back to it!
Wow! That's awesome! Isn't it great when you've come so far with running that that 5 mile is a short one. Most people in our society thinks it's a long run. GREAT JOB! 12 mile run is a huge accomplishment!
My goodness. That is something to be proud of. Look at how you've progressed!
You most definitely will be ready for San Francisco! Great job! Now I'd better get moving!
Just randomly came upon your blog and as I am a knitter and a runner, I thought I'd say hi. I'm in awe of your easy 10 miles. I am struggling with moving past 5k to 10k, hopefully someday a half-marathon. I've been knitting for about six or seven years and running since March '08. : )
Enjoy the Nike half. I did that marathon 3 years ago and it's a really fun race! You definitely sound ready.
Great job yarn surfer with the hills and the 12!
Post a Comment