Running milestone: I ran my first ever 10 miler yesterday! I need to find a north-south route for these long runs as running into the sun for the last half really zapped my energy. But I just kept moving forward and I had such a sense of accomplishment at the end.
Knitting milestone: I finished my 18th pair of socks, and this pair is for me.
Yarn: Wollmeise 80/20
Pattern: Twin Rib
Hope everyone had a great weekend!






40 comments:
That's great! Congratulations.
Running into the sun, especially the second half of a race, can really take a lot out of you. I hope you're able to find a good new route.
The socks look v. pretty!
Wow, 10 miles! I felt the same way after my first 10. Great job! That is a wonderful distance. You are within reach of a half shortly.
Beautiful socks. It's about time you got a pair of your own.
Woohoo, congratulations on the double digit victory run! That is always such a leap in running to me. Love the socks, hope you enjoyed them after your long run!
CONGRATS CHICA!! And a very nice looking pair you made yourself ;-) Love the colors.
CONGRATULATIONS! You ran two whole hands!!
I know it is only one more mile than 9, but when you hit double digits it is such a great feeling!
Way to go!
Great job with the 10 miler! :)
Congrats on the 10 miler!! It's such a great milestone.
Congrats on the 10 miler! Those socks are beauts!
You rock girl!!!
Congrats on the 10 miles! I remember feeling so impressed with myself the first time I completed that distance. It was like I'd moved up a level (at least in my own head LOL).
Cool socks! I'm so impressed with anyone who knits.
CONGRATS on the 10 miler!!! i still remember that first 10 miler and was so stoked - double digits!!!
10 miles is awesome...especially in this heat!! Great job! And cute socks!
Congrats on reaching double digits! I was just as excited as you are when I hit that mark just over a month ago. :)
Sweet socks, too! Great present for yourself for running a 10er.
Wooot on the 10milers! That rocks!!
Yay on your first 10 miler!!! =)
Your training is going really well, love the socks as usual.
YAY on your first 10 miler!! =) More long runs to come.
The socks look great as usual.
YAY on your first 10 miler!! =) More long runs to come.
The socks look great as usual.
10 miles! Awesome! It is the best to hit that first double digit mark! Great socks! You are knitting away. My knitting is sitting this summer. sad knitting.
Hooray on your 10 miler!!! :)
And thanks for making me smile with your comment on my blog. I'm still smiling and I read it a bit ago.
Isn't it nice to keep something for yourself now and then? I find that it keeps me motivated - I make about 4 quilts to give away and then one for us to keep. Enjoy those beautiful socks!
WHOOOT, welcome to the world of double digit runners!!! Good JOB!
Oh, I love the socks!!! Too cool
Great job on your 10 miler! You are making great progress! And great socks too! Hope you didn't get affected by the dam breaking.
Nice job on the 10 miler!!! And sweet socks!
Great job on 10 miles!! Congrats!!! The socks are beautiful also.
nice job on your 10-miler! and the socks look lovely.... love the colors!
Yay for 10. I'll be there in a few weeks!
WOO-HOO!!!
You're a double-digit runner now!!
Doesn't it feel GREAT!!
I'm so proud of you!!
Awesome, Awesome Awesome!!! Way to go running your first ever 10 miler!!!!!
Congrats on making it to 10 miles! That's so super exciting!
And, awesome socks. I'm jealous of your knitting skills. I'm still on scarves for now, although I'm looking into taking a knitting class in the fall...
Very pretty socks!!
Hope it's not too late to catch up and say WOO HOO for the ten miler! You rock! (That 10 mile mark was such a big deal to me and I only reached it a couple of weeks ago - so I haven't at all forgotten what an accomplishment that first double digit run is!) And the socks? Gorgeous as usual - but finally some for you! Yay!
Oh man, that is awesome. I love a good milestone to keep me motivated. You have made some great progress! Congrats!!
that is a great milestone! WTG! Love the socks, you are so talented.
Congrats on the 10! That is such a great accomplishment.
10 miles!! Wow, that's so cool!
(I'm a wee bit envy of your knitting too.)
Congrats on your 10!! I love your socks; I really want to learn how to knit them but I can't motivate myself enough to buy all the needles and such. I still have a scarf I haven't finished from last November! :)
10 miles!! That was the mental breaking point for me. Everything after 10 miles was like - whatevuh! I ran 10 miles, I can do anything.
Seriously though, running 10 miles is a big accomplishment and you should be very proud :) Hope you're having a good week :)
way to go with the ten miles, thanks for the well wishes on my toe...also I think I might need a pair of your socks to hide my ugly toe too! :) lol
10 miles is awesome! Congratulations!
LOVE the socks!
Arent' you past a 10 miler yet?
How's the training going?
Congrats on the 10-miler!!! What a great accomplishment!!!
Thanks for the words of support...
they are appreciated!
Take care!
Post a Comment